Richard Tilton, MD
Meet Dr. Tilton
- The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics | Otolaryngology Residency 6/2020
- Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA | M.D. 5/2015
- Calvin University, Grand Rapids, MI | B.S. biology, Spanish & biochemistry minors, honors program, 6/ 2008
- Tilton RK, Hansen MR. Does the intracochlear position of an electrode array impact performance?. Laryngoscope. 2019 Mar 25. doi: 10.1002/lary.27944; PMID: 30908662.
- Salzano E, Raible SE, Kaur M, Wilkens A, Sperti G, Tilton RK, Bettini LR, Rocca A, Cocchi G, Selicorni A, Conlin LK, McEldrew D, Gupta R, Thakur S, Izumi K, Krantz ID. Prenatal profile of Pallister-Killian syndrome: Retrospective analysis of 114 pregnancies, literature review and approach to prenatal diagnosis. Am J Med Genet A. 2018 Oct 5.
- Rohacek A*, Bebee T*, Tilton RK*, Radens C, Roe C, Peart N, Kaur M, Zaykaner M, Cieply B, Musunuru K, Barash Y, Germiller JA, Krantz ID, Carstens R, Epstein D. ESRP1 mutations cause hearing loss due to defects in alternative splicing that disrupt cochlear development. Dev Cell. 2017 Nov; 43: 318–331. (*Co-first authors)
- Izumi K, Kellogg E, Fujiki K, Kaur M, Tilton RK, Noon S, Wilkens A, Shirahige K, Krantz ID. Elevation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 level in PKS: implications for the postnatal growth retardation phenotype. Am J Med Genet A. 2015 Jun; 167(6):1268-74.
- Tilton RK, Wilkens A, Krantz ID, Izumi K. 2014. Cardiac manifestations of Pallister– Killian syndrome. Am J Med Genet A. 2014 May; 164A (5):1130-5.
- RK Tilton et al, including ID Krantz, JA Germiller. ESRP1 mutations are a novel cause of bilateral sensorineural hearing loss associated with dysplasia of the lateral semicircular canals. Assoc for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO) MidWinter Meeting in Baltimore, 2/11/2017. (Poster)
- RK Tilton et al, including ID Krantz. What is the 3C Syndrome and What Causes It? Am J Med Genet A. 2015 Aug; 167A:1685–1740. 35th David Smith Malformations & Morphogenesis. (Oral)
- RK Tilton et al, including ID Krantz, JA Germiller. Utilization of exome sequencing for diagnosis and discovery of genetic causes of SNHL. AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting, Orlando, 9/21/2014. (Poster)
- RK Tilton et al, including ID Krantz, JA Germiller. Applying exome sequencing as a diagnostic test for sensorineural hearing loss in children. PAO-HNS state meeting, Hershey, PA, 6/13/2014. (Oral)
- RK Tilton et al, including N Spinner, ID Krantz. Whole exome sequencing as a diagnostic tool for pediatric diagnoses: bilateral SNHLas a model. Ped Acad Soc, Vancouver, 5/3/2014. (Oral)
- RK Tilton et al, including ID Krantz. Using whole exome sequencing to identify the genetic causes of the craniocerebellocardiac (3C) syndrome. ACMG, Nashville, March 26-28, 2014. (Poster)
- UIowa Otolaryngology R5 Resident Teaching Award (2020)
- Selected by faculty as a chief resident (2019-2020)
- Robert R. Updegraft Resident Travel Grant Award (2018)
- ARO travel award at the MidWinter Meeting in Baltimore, MD (2017)
- Bernard & Max Ronis Award: commendable interest & aptitude in ENT at Temple University (2015)
- Outstanding Poster Award at the AAO-HNSF annual meeting in Orlando, FL (2014)
- Francis W. Davison Award: best oral presentation, PAO-HNS annual meeting in Hershey, PA (2014)
- Society for Pediatric Research and American Pediatric Society Student Research Grant (2013)